Your pet is part of the family and, as such, when they are sick or injured you get them the best medical care possible. However, that medical care can be expensive. Pet insurance, or sometimes referred to as veterinary insurance, can help offset those costs. Whether you have a cat, dog, rabbits, or a variety of other animals there is sure to be a policy that is right for you and your furry loved one. Pet medical insurance is very similar to human medical insurance and, like human insurance, can vary greatly on what is covered and the costs. Most policies cover a costs, up to a specified limit, for each new accident or illness. Animal pet insurance plans may also include coverage for items such as:
- Liability insurance if your pet causes an accident or causes damage to another person's property
- Advertising and reward if your pet goes missing
- Boarding fees if your pet needs to be hospitalized
- Money to purchase a new pet if your pet goes missing, is stolen, is involved in a fatal accident, or dies of disease early in life.
For inexpensive pet insurance UK residents have a variety of options. Whether
you are looking for cheap cat insurance, cheap dog insurance, or even pet
insurance for rabbits, the Internet is a great place to begin your research.
You'll find many companies to choose from when conducting your research
for pet insurance online. Popular pet insurance companies include:
- VIP Pet Insurance - offers insurance coverage for dogs, cats, birds, and other exotic animals with plans to fit every budget.
- RSPCA Pet Insurance - 20% of your premium goes to supporting the charitable works of the RSPCA.
- Direct Line - offers multi-pet discounts and the option of having your pet bills paid directly, instead of you paying the vet and then waiting to be reimbursed.
- Tesco - one of the larger providers, with "over 2 million paws" currently insured. Tesco offers both a multi-pet discount and a new customer discount.
- PetPlan - the world's largest pet insurance company, PetPlan specialized in dog and cat insurance.
- ASPCA Pet Insurance - with four levels of protection, ASPCA offers customers the ability to save up to 80% off their vet bills.
- SwiftCover - all pet insurance policies through SwiftCover are underwritten by AXA.
- PetAssure - covers all pets despite age, medical conditions, or pre-existing conditions, with no deductibles, no exclusions, and no waiting for reimbursement.
Whichever policy you select, pet insurance can help ensure your pet gets the medical care it needs, without costing you a fortune in the process.